Module Two: Manging Information Online (28th January 2013)
This module looks at the core activity of the digital researcher: finding, curating, creating, managing and storing information online.
- Thing One: Finding and filtering information (Alternative search engines, email alerts, RSS to Journal ToCs)
- Thing Two: Annotating information (Evernote)
- Thing Three: Processing and presenting information (Scrivener)
- Thing Four: Storing information (Dropbox, Googledocs)
- Thing Five: Collating and curating information – for yourself and others (Mendeley/Zotero) (extras: Delicious, Pocket)
- Thing Six: Handling information workflows (Colwiz)
- Thing Seven: Debrief, Future-proofing your Information
Each Module is stand-alone. You can complete whichever modules are relevant to your current activities, without having completed the others. The only Thing which is common to all of the Modules is Thing One: Blogging.