If you’re thinking about New Years’s Resolutions, then DH23Things Module 2 – Managing Information Online – may help you to rethink the way that you organise your work and tidy up the quantities of information you’re dealing with in your research!
We’ll be covering a number of digital tools for managing information online, including
- Thing One: Finding and filtering information (Alternative search engines, email alerts, RSS to Journal ToCs)
- Thing Two: Annotating information (Evernote)
- Thing Three: Creating and using information (Scrivener, Colwiz)
- Thing Four: Collating and curating information – for yourself and others (Mendeley/Zotero, Delicious)
- Thing Five: Using information from others (Flickr, Creative Commons and copyright)
- Thing Six: Storing information (Dspace@Cambridge, Dropbox, Googledocs)
Thing One will be posted on January 28th, 2013! You can sign up for the module here and join in in the New Year.